Skip to main content

If you believe you or a loved one was wrongly convicted or sentenced, you may have an opportunity to appeal the decision, and we can help.

There’s typically a small window of time—14 days from the notice of judgement—in which you can appeal a court’s decision in a criminal case, but even if that time has passed, there may still be an opportunity to raise a legal challenge.


We Offer Expert Counsel

If you’re within the window for an appeal, we can launch a vigorous appeal of your conviction or sentence. If too much time has passed, we can explore other challenges, including collateral review (a review outside the direct review process) or post-conviction relief (allowing you to bring more evidence or raise additional issues after a judgment has been made).

Reach Out to Us

Talk with us if you believe you or a loved one was wrongfully convicted or sentenced. No matter how much time has passed since your case ended, there may be a legal basis to appeal and we’re happy to talk through the options that may be available to you.

To learn more about our experience in appeals and post-conviction relief, send us an email or call our office at 616.458.2212.

Larry Willey attorney

Larry C. Willey

April 24, 2020

Charles Chamberlain - attorney Grand Rapids

Charles E. Chamberlain

April 24, 2020

Britt Cobb lawyer

Britt Morton Cobb

April 24, 2020

Peter Vangelderen - lawyer

Peter VanGelderen

April 24, 2020

Julia Anne Kelly - lawyer

Julia Anne Kelly

April 24, 2020

Tracy Evans - paralegal

Tracy Evans

April 24, 2020