Britt Morton Cobb
Attorney and firm partner, Britt Morton Cobb has been practicing law since 1998. She began her practice in Colorado before relocating to Michigan in 2006. She has worked exclusively as a defense attorney, representing the accused in criminal cases at the trial level—while also representing individuals in licensing matters, immigration matters, and in appeals at both the federal and state court levels.
Since joining Willey & Chamberlain, Britt’s practice has included a wide variety of trial and appellate work at both the state and federal level, including felony and misdemeanor cases in state courts across Michigan. Today, her focus is on her federal practice in Michigan, handling everything from serious drug trafficking and fraud offenses to more minor federal offenses.
Britt is a conscientious, caring, and detail-oriented legal advisor. She puts clients at ease with her positive attitude, her warmth, and her penchant for problem solving.
Aside from her passion for the law, Britt enjoys being with her husband and kids, being outdoors, cooking, and playing the guitar.
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Michigan
- State Bar of Colorado, 1998
- Federal District Court, District of Colorado, 2001
- State Bar of Michigan, 2006
- U.S. Court of Appeals Sixth Circuit, 2010
- Federal District Court, Western District of Michigan, 2006
- United States Supreme Court, 2016
- B.A., University of Virginia, Major: International Relations, Minor: Japanese, 1992
- J.D., University of Denver, College of Law, 1998
- University of Denver Law Review, Denver Law Journal, General Editor
- National Criminal Defense College, 2001
Honors & Awards
- Michigan Super Lawyers, 2019-2020, 2020-2021
- National Trial Lawyers Association, Top 100 Criminal Defense
- Gradn Rapids Magazine Top Lawyers 2020, Non White-Collar and White-Collar Criminal Defense
- AVVO Rating 10.0
- Federal Bar Association Western District of Michigan
- Treasurer, 2019-2021
- Newsletter Editor, 2019-2021
- Federal Bar Association
- State Bar of Michigan
- Grand Rapids Bar Association
- Colorado Bar Association
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Criminal Defense Attorneys of Michigan