Attorney and firm partner Britt Morton Cobb has been practicing law since 1998. She began her practice in Colorado before relocating to Michigan in 2006. She has worked exclusively as a defense attorney, representing the accused in criminal cases at the trial level — while also representing individuals in licensing matters, immigration matters, and in appeals at both the federal and state court levels. She has handled appeals in the Michigan Supreme Court, the Michigan Court of Appeals, the Colorado Court of Appeals, the Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals, and the Board of Immigration Appeals.
Since joining Willey & Chamberlain, Britt’s practice has included a wide variety of trial and appellate work at both the state and federal level. She has handled felony and misdemeanor cases in state courts across Michigan. She has emphasized her federal practice in Michigan, handling everything from serious drug trafficking and fraud offenses to more minor federal offenses.
Britt graduated with a B.A. from the University of Virginia and a J.D. from the University of Denver, where she received a number of awards and was General Editor of the Denver Law Journal. She is a member of the Michigan State Bar, the Criminal Section of the Michigan State Bar, the Colorado Bar Association, the Grand Rapids Bar Association, the Criminal Defense Attorneys of Michigan, the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers and the Federal Bar Association. She is admitted to practice in the Colorado and Michigan state courts, as well as federal courts in the Western District of Michigan, the District of Colorado and the Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals.
For more information about criminal defense attorney Britt Cobb, or to learn more about the experienced and trusted criminal defense attorneys at Willey & Chamberlain, please contact us here or call our office directly at 616.458.2212.
- State Bar of Colorado, 1998
- Federal District Court, District of Colorado, 2001
- State Bar of Michigan, 2006
- U.S. Court of Appeals Sixth Circuit, 2010
- Federal District Court, Western District of Michigan, 2006
- United States Supreme Court, 2016
- National Criminal Defense College, 2001
- University of Denver, College of Law, Denver, Colorado, 1998
- University of Denver Law Review, Denver Law Journal, General Editor
- University of Virginia 1992 – Major: International Relations; Minor: Japanese
- Federal Bar Association
- State Bar of Michigan
- Grand Rapids Bar Association
- Colorado Bar Association
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Criminal Defense Attorneys of Michigan