Attorney and founding firm partner Larry C. Willey has been practicing law for over 40 years —dedicating his legal career to the defense of people accused of committing crimes. Regarded as one of Michigan’s premier criminal defense attorneys, Larry has handled all types of criminal matters, from business-related white collar crimes and health care fraud, to tax-related offenses, homicides and drug crimes.
Known for forceful and effective advocacy on behalf of his clients, Larry is recognized by his colleagues as a leader in his field. He has been elected a fellow of the prestigious International Society of Barristers and the American College of Trial Lawyers. He is also a fellow of the American Bar Foundation and the Michigan Bar Foundation. He has been listed in The Best Lawyers in America since 1993, and he consistently has been recognized as one of Michigan’s top lawyers by Grand Rapids Magazine and Michigan Super Lawyers.
If you have been charged with a crime, you need aggressive, effective and efficient representation dedicated to protecting your rights and interests at every stage of your case. Experienced attorney Larry Willey will effectively support you from the grand jury investigation through an appeal, if necessary.
For more information about criminal defense attorney Larry Willey, or to learn more about the experienced and trusted criminal defense attorneys at Willey & Chamberlain, contact us here or call our office directly at 616.458.2212.
- District of Columbia, 1973
- Michigan, 1978
- Hawaii, 1971
- U.S. Court of Appeals 6th Circuit, 1978
- U.S. Court of Appeals 7th Circuit, 1979
- U.S. Court of Appeals District of Columbia Circuit
- U.S. District Court of the District of Columbia, 1973
- U.S. District Court Western District of Michigan
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1978
- University of Michigan Law School, Magna Cum Laude; Order of the Coif
- Michigan Law Review, 1970-71
- University of Michigan, Graduated with Distinction; Major: Political Science
Honors and Awards
- Fellow, International Society of Barristers, 1999 – Present
- The Best Lawyers in America, 1993 – Present
- Fellow, American College of Trial Lawyers, 1993 – Present
Professional Associations & Memberships
- Grand Rapids Bar Association, 1985 – Present; Trustee 1997-99
- Federal Bar Association, 1985 – Present
- American Bar Association, 1985 – Present; Fellow, American Bar Foundation
- State Bar of Michigan, 1985 – Present; Fellow, Michigan State Bar Foundation
- Law Clerk , Hon. Martin Pence, Chief Judge, U.S. District Court of Hawaii, 1971-72
- Williams, Connolly & Califano; Washington, D.C., Attorney, 1972-74
- U.S. Attorney’s Office; District of Columbia, Assistant United States Attorney, 1974-77
- U.S. Securities & Exchange Commission, Trial Attorney, 1977-78
- U.S. Department of Justice, Special Trial Attorney, Public Integrity Section, 1979-80
- Private Practice in Grand Rapids, Michigan, 1980-Present